No, Land Rover's Range Rover hybrids can't drive on water. But they can survive some hardcore conditions. The hybrids are about half way through an intense "Silk Road" voyage from London to Mumbai and are surviving quite nicely, thank you very much.
To paraphrase the old Sally Field line from the Oscars: they liked 'em. They really liked 'em. With BMW set to unveil its first two plug-ins under its "i" badge within the next 12 months or so (the i3 is due in late 2013, the i8 in the first half of 2014), journalists from Car Magazine and UK's Autocar recently had the chance to go for some test drives.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX