Maria De Villota, the 33-year-old, Spanish Formula One driver and current reserve driver for Marussia F1, was found dead in her Seville, Spain hotel room early this morning. Police believe that it was a natural death, although local forensics and homicide units were on the scene to rule out all possibilities, according to a report from BBC Sport.
Danish racing driver Allan Simonsen has died as a result of injuries sustained during a crash at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. According to race officials, the 34-year-old was in serious condition after the accident and was immediately rushed to a hospital, where he died shortly thereafter.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX