Take a tour of the Porsche 911 engine factory in Zuffenhausen, Germany, as the company's flat-six mills are made in this video. The place is hypnotic in its efficiency to watch each part slowly come together to create these famously fantastic mills. Hardly any noise rises above the hum of the assembly line.
These days, we've seen just about every automaker dropping cylinders in an effort to appease tightening fuel economy and emission standards – and Porsche is no exception. Nearly three years after introducing an all-new V6 powerplant under the front hood of its Panamera sedan (launched with a range of V8 engines) comes word that Porsche is working on an all-new turbocharged flat-four boxer to replace the flat-six engines mid-mounted in its Cayman and Boxster models.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX