If the groups behind it are to be believed, this little electric vehicle could travel 1,000 miles on a single charge. Battery developer Phinergy and metal manufacturer Alcoa have teamed up to demonstrate their aluminum-air battery in a small electric vehicle at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, and our friends at Autoblog Québec were there to check it out.
- Danny King
- Mar 29, 2013
Driving from Los Angeles to Seattle in an EV that merely requires a few sips of water along the way? Fantastic, sure, but that's pretty much what Israel-based Phinergy is promising with its "aluminum-air" battery, according to a Bloomberg News video.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models