Last year, Luc1 Motorsport rolled out a nine-minute-long video as a way to thank the team's sponsors for their support over the 2011 season. Now the crew is back with another supermoto infomercial, and while the 2012 clip may not be as intense as last year's, the video is no less entertaining. While our French is about as rusty some of the vehicles in our stable, the basic plot seems to follow Sylvain Bidart as he frantically races to catch a plane to make a race.
It's easy to forget the motivation behind Ken Block's ridiculous gymkhana video series. At the heart of the tire smoking action, Block is simply paying the piper. All of those drool-inducing slow motion shots of the stunt driver's old Subaru WRX STI and new Ford Fiesta feature a smattering of sponsor stickers beating their way into our psyches. Block has even gone so far as to call one of his gymkhana flicks an infomercial.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX