Audi e-tron Detroit Concept – Click above for high-res image gallery
Entry Level Porsche
Remember the Porsche 914? Most Porschophiles do, although some choose to forget the mid-engined sportscar built from 1969 through 1976. But the four-cylinder model was something of a sales success for the German automaker, handily outpacing the firm's range-topping 911 series throughout its model run. Might we see a return of the entry-level Porsche, once again with a little help from Volkswagen?
Porsche has had its ups and downs when creating cars without using six-cylinder engines. We'll leave the Cayenne and the upcoming Panamera out of the discussion for now, though those models are scheduled to get hybrid powertrains in addition to V6 and V8 power. Starting with its 356 model, along with its many racing variants, the automaker has amassed quite a history of successful boxer-style four-cylinder engines. That history book may well get a new chapter as the European Union continues to c
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!