How many bad drivers can you spot every day on your drive to work? Five? Ten? All of them? We feel your pain, and apparently the alarming truth is that one-in-five motorists – which, for those interesting in the gory details, equals roughly 38 million Americans – are unfit to drive on our nation's highways.
Raise your hand if you think your home state has the worst drivers in America. Now, lower your hands if you don't happen to live in either New York or New Jersey. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that the average driver in your particular state is all that great, regardless of what city you choose to call home. According to this year's GMAC Insurance National Drivers Test, an alarming 20.1% of licensed Americans would not pass a written drivers test exam if taken today.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies