A proposed increase of the speed limit on UK roads – to 80 miles per hour – is not without controversy, concerns and complaints. How about this for an unlikely solution? UK energy secretary Chris Huhne reckons the proposed 80-mph limit motorway should only apply to electric vehicles. Apparently, this is to please enviro types while concurrently promoting the adoption and use of electric vehicles. It's a win-win situation, right?
Department For Transport
The Department for Transport today released its final numbers for 2005 traffic on roads in Great Britain. While overall traffic growth rose by 0.2 percent from 2004, this amount was less than the average rise in recent years. The gains came through higher numbers of "two-wheeled motor vehicles", "pedal cycles" and "light van traffic." The number of cars and goods vehicles both dropped.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX