Back in February, we reported that Volvo would be eliminating its remaining R-badged offerings in the future; specifically the S60R and V70R. At the time, there was discussion that other models in Volvo's line-up may get R-worthy tweaks when these two models were nixed. Another rumor that Volvo may kill off the "R" designation altogether was floated, and although we thought it was unlikely, we figured time would tell.
- Damon Lavrinc
- Feb 6, 2007
When Volvo releases their new V70 sedan and wagon, customers won't get the choice of a hotted-up version sporting an 'R' on the boot lid. Volvo decided that the T6 provides adequate thrust for the Swedish saloon and, contrary to rumors, won't be equipping the V70 with the Yamaha-developed 325 HP V8, found in the XC90.
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models