According to a new Beijing Times report published Wednesday, BMW is quietly readying plans itself to open a second plant in China. The plant will be run with domestic partner Brilliance Automotive Group, and complement the company's existing Shenyang plant. On a related note, the Bavarian automaker also hopes to increase its ability to source parts locally, with plans to more than double the amount of area suppliers it uses this year.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies