This past September we reported on Top Gear's destruction of the Mazda Furai, one of the finest concept cars to ever grace an auto show stage. It turns out that the Furai, which was burned nearly beyond recognition at the hands of the British magazine, was actually destroyed back in 2008, and that the entire thing had been covered up for five long years.
Mazda Furai Concept
Five years after the beautiful Mazda Furai Concept debuted, Top Gear magazine has finally admitted to accidentally burning it to the ground in a teaser for the 20th anniversary issue – sort of. The magazine provides a photo of the crispy Furai Concept on its website, but has since allegedly revised the announcement to say that Top Gear was on hand for its "untimely demise in 2008."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX