According to Inside Line, Skoda is jumping into the minicar game with a little help from parent company Volkswagen. The Czech automaker is set to introduce a new model based on the same platform as the VW Up, with production gearing up toward the fall of 2011.
- Chris Shunk
- Jul 10, 2008
The VW Beetle is a cult favorite here in the States, but in Germany, it's not so well loved. That could be part of the reason why Volkswagen has been slow to produce a successor to the new Beetle, but word from Motor Trend is that two models could be coming shortly. The first Beetle will be based off the Gen-VI Golf and will hit production in 2010 or 2011.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models