Conventional wisdom might tell you that Toyota should have lost loads of money last quarter in the wake of the company's largest-ever global recall and safety scandal. Perhaps it shouldn't surprise us too much to hear that conventional wisdom would be all wrong. In reality, Toyota reported a profit between January and March of this year of $1.2 billion.
- Chris Paukert
- Feb 4, 2010
Despite internal predictions that its current throttle-related recall costs may dent company coffers by up to $2 billion this quarter, Toyota has raised its projections for the fiscal year ending in March. That's according to Reuters, who note that the increase comes after the automaker beat its third quarter estimates.
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Dec 22, 2008
Click above for a gallery of 2010 Prius images
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models