World War II ended seven decades ago, yet some battles are still being fought. The latest concerns the true owner of a 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500K Roadster that was sold at last year's RM Monterey sale for $3.7 million. A German court has now ruled that the car is the property of the heirs of the wealthy German industrialist who originally purchased the car, according to Bloomberg.
Sports Car Market
- Dan Roth
- May 2, 2007
You see it all the time on eBay; resolute bidders refusing to pull out, even though they've driven the price up far beyond reason. Harder to find these days are the mythical screaming deals of yesteryear - things that go stupid-cheap to a shrewd buyer with an evil chuckle. Sports Car Market has been watching the wackiness as well, and they've put together a nifty slideshow of wallet tragedies and sales that equate to theft. Even still, in their list, there are more examples of fools and their m
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models