As we've touched upon before, it's often wise to turn to suppliers if you're searching for an accurate prediction regarding the future of the automotive industry. Why? Because suppliers must get ready for a changing industry and be prepared to deliver products as needed. If suppliers don't have the production capacity to meet demand, then automakers may have to temporarily halt plans, shift to in-house production or delay a vehicle's launch until supply can catch up.
- Eric Loveday
- Aug 10, 2010
- Nik Bristow
- May 5, 2010
We knew it was too good to be true. Something about the Chevrolet Volt just didn't add up. How did General Motors, a corporate leviathan known showing very little forward thinking in the green car arena (except for the EV-1 experiment) manage to create a real contender in the EV market? The answer? They stole it from Daihatsu.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models