Ottawa police were conducting roadside seatbelt checks as part of the Spring Seatbelt Campaign, when one of their stops brought an unexpected surprise. A green Chevrolet minivan's driver got into some trouble thanks to the aftermarket passenger seat he installed. This was no Sparco or Recaro, mind you - the driver went with something more akin to a La-Z-Boy.
Heroes or Vigilantes? Canadian citizens go on 100-mph chase in Porsche 997 to catch suspected rapist
- Jonny Lieberman
- Sep 23, 2009
Here's the facts: Two Canadian men in a Porsche 997 encountered a woman (who jumped in front of their car) claiming that a man in a nearby Pontiac Wave (that's a Chevrolet Aveo to me and you) had just tried to assault her. The woman climbed in the back of the 997, and with the police on the phone, the Porsche boys chased the Pontiac all over Ottawa at speeds up to 170 km/h (around 105 mph). The chase, which sometimes involved residential roads, lasted about 20 minutes with the perp finally headi
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models