Lotus would like to sell more Evoras, and it's no secret that there are some customers who want to buy them, if not for the lack of an automatic transmission standing in the way. That hurdle's been cleared for 2012, with the Evora receiving the six-speed automatic that Lotus calls IPS, for Intelligent Precision Shift. Mechanically it is the same Aisin unit found in the Toyota Camry (paired with a supercharged version of Toyota's 3.5-liter V6) upgraded with Lotus electronics and actuators.
Lotus Evora Ips
- Dan Roth
- Aug 31, 2010
Click above for the Autoblog Podcast in iTunes, RSS or listen now!
- Steven J. Ewing
- Aug 26, 2010
Lotus Evora S and Evora IPS – Click above for high-res image gallery
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models