The crew from Top Gear has just ridden off with its latest entry in the Guinness Book of World Records by being the first to complete a double loop on a motorcycle in front of a live audience without practicing. As you may recall, the show recently pulled off the same stunt with a four-wheeled buggy in South Africa. This time around, a stunt rider Gary Hoptrough tackled the double loop on a KTM dirt bike. Even more impressive, the show went off without bloodshed or bodily harm.
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Jun 11, 2012
Successfully piloting an automobile around a giant loop is no easy task, but it's just not spectacular enough for the crew of Top Gear Live. Billing it as a world-first event, the live show's stunt drivers will attempt to spin their way through a giant loop twice in succession during the Top Gear Festival in Durban, South Africa on June 16 and 17.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models