A recent UCLA study analyzed the performance of retrofit systems for diesel-fueled school buses and discovered the systems significantly reduce tailpipe emissions, but had no measurable effect on in-cabin pollution.
- Eric Loveday
- Jul 18, 2011
- Sebastian Blanco
- Dec 27, 2006
Following EPA grants for retrofitting buses in Detroit and Fort Wayne, the Tuscola Intermediate School District in Caro, Michigan will receive $50,000 to retrofit their buses and buy biodiesel. Three nearby school districts (Cass City Public Schools, Cass City; Vassar Public Schools, Vassar; and Millington Community Schools, Millington) will also get to use some of the grant money for their own buses. A total of 75 buses will be affected, but only 24 will get diesel oxidation catalysts (the rest
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models