Volkswagen ad shop Deutsch has prepped the first round of videos to promote the new Beetle, and there's a whole lotta shakin' high-fivin' goin' on. Set to Shirley Ellis' "The Clapping Song," the first spot shows the driver of a 2012 Bug needs to be on call for hand jiving. You'll find three of the new commercials after the jump, as well as the original "Black Betty" Super Bowl spot that's been tweaked to reveal the coupe at the end.
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Oct 26, 2009
Chrysler, Cadillac, and Chevrolet aren't the only folks looking for new advertising agencies on the assumption that, to quote GM CEO Fritz Henderson, "We can do better." For the last four years Crispin, Porter and Bogusky has attended to Volkswagen's advertising needs, bringing us moments like the return of the "Rabbit" name, that talking black Beetle, the "Find Your Fast," "Unpimp Mein Auto," "Meet the Volkswagens" and Brooke Shields hawking Routans.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models