Fans of the Vauxhall Astra Sports Hatch in Europe can now get a special GTC edition with a "panoramic windscreen" that extends the top of the car's windshield back into the roof past the driver's head. It looks like it would be a blast to experience on whlie cruising the open, if not incredibly unsettling at first. GM Europe says the glass is a special heat absorbing variety and that a blind can be pulled forward if the driver and passenger want to hide from the sun.
- Alex Nunez
- Jun 16, 2006
To help kick off sales of its new Panoramic windshield option, Vauxhall has released a special edition Astra GTC that features the snazzy glass up front, exclusive GTC badging, 18" rims, foglights, ESP and interior goodies like A/C and sport seats. Only 500 of the special editions will be built, and they're being sold for £15,995 -- undercutting the more vanilla Astra Sport Hatch 1.8 SRi's asking price by a few pounds.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models