The 2013 North American Car and Truck/Utility of the Year award "long list" is out, and 45 vehicles of all descriptions are set to scrap for the hardware. In 2012, the Hyundai Elantra and Land Rover Range Rover Evoque took home the coveted crystal.
Truck Utility Of The Year
- Chris Paukert
- Jul 11, 2012
- Noah Joseph
- Jan 31, 2012
This year's selection for North American Truck of the Year was something of a sign of the times as the pool of nominees didn't really fit the traditional definition of "truck" – beasts of burden with features like a low range, open bed and/or body-on-frame construction. Not only were all three finalists crossovers (including the winning 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque), but so were the other four on the short list of nominees.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models