The only new vehicle unveiled at the EDTA conference was the converted Silverado EV, which you probably read about on Tuesday. Since all I had to do was walk on over to the UQM booth for more information on this truck, I didn't miss my chance to learn more about how the Air Force, and now the Army, is looking to make their vehicles greener.
- Sam Abuelsamid
- Nov 28, 2006
At the Electric Drive Transportation Association conference in Washington, DC, UQM Technologies is showing off an all electric Chevy Silverado pickup truck. UQM develops components for alternative energy vehicles, such as brushless permanent magnet motors, generators and power electronic controllers as well as the control software to make it all work. The Silverado was built as part of a project funded by the US Air Force.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models