The 2011 labor negotiations between the United Auto Workers and the Detroit Three have been a relatively quiet affair so far, but the story is a bit different on the other side of the globe. Toyota and the Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union aren't seeing eye to eye, which has lead to a strike at facilities in Melbourne and Sydney. Well, most of the union's rank and file are striking.
- John Neff
- May 11, 2006
Though the proceedings in which Delphi is arguing for the right to terminate the contracts of over 33,000 workers is scheduled over a three-day period this week (Tuesday, Wednesday and tomorrow), it is much more likely the case will drag on for weeks because of the 34-person long witness list. The Detroit News reports that on the first day only the trial only made it through two witnesses and wasn't even done with the second as the day came to an end.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models