There's a whole world of radio frequencies and space-based signals that most of us don't care to know much about. But when it comes to our cell phones and GPS units, what we don't know may just hurt us... or at least hurt our ability to find the nearest fast food restaurant.
- Damon Lavrinc
- May 20, 2009
Big government's inefficiency comes in a variety of flavors, and this one could hit your dashboards as early as next year. According to a report from the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S.' Global Positioning System (GPS) could begin to experience black-outs and general failures next year due to the delays, mismanagement and underinvestment by the U.S. Air force.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models