Fiat's MultiAir technology is quite the breakthrough, even though few stories point out just how remarkable this technology really is. Let's see here: there's a 20 to 30 percent increase in fuel economy on top of a 10 percent increase in power and no downsides like turbo lag, huge cost increases or insanely expensive after-treatments. Sounds like a breakthrough worthy of recognition to us. We're geeked to find out that the MultiAir technology will make its way over to Chrysler engines, too.
Fiat Chrysler Multiair
- Dan Roth
- Aug 3, 2009
Fiat's advanced Multiair technology could be an easy port to Chrysler's powertrains as the companies move ahead together. "It is low-invasive hardware" said Lucio Bernard of Fiat Powertrain Technologies, the division of the Italian automotive conglomerate tasked with developing the parts that make the cars go.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models