When Daimler first launched the Smart Ed, the electric version of the Fortwo, its performance was apropos of its acronymized appellation: somewhat limp. Daimler has since improved it somewhat – the 3rd generation on sale now goes from 0 to 60 in 13 seconds and tops out at 75 mph – but we still can't help but wonder how the program would have been received had it packed a wheel-popping punch from the start. Like, say, the Smart DIY conversion pictured above.
Diy Electric Car
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Aug 28, 2009
Balanced-Over-Batteries electric car - Click above for image gallery
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models