Proposition 87 remains contentious in California (see previous posts here and here). The latest battle of the tax on oil companies/alternative fuel funding proposition features attorney Thomas Girardi (whose case against Pacific Gas & Electric was turned into the movie "Erin Brockovich") writing to the Chevron oil company about the company's attacks on 87.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Oct 19, 2006
Well, the big names are coming on board quickly now. After Bill Clinton's appearance at a pro-Proposition 87 rally last week, the group Yes on 87 (guess which way they want you to vote) has lined up endorsements from Richard Branson, Iowa Gov. Vilsack, San Francisco Mayor Newsom, and California Labor Federation head Art Pulanski. I particularly liked Branson's reasoning for supporting the proposition. "You'll be able to drive cars that you won't be embarrassed driving because they're CO2 friend
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models