Less than a week after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had questioned the adequacy of a General Motors recall from 2009 on the Pontiac G6, saying it might have needed to be much broader, it is putting the automaker under the microscope again for another potential recall issue. This time around, NHTSA is investigating whether GM did enough in a recent recall of eAssist-equipped models, namely the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco and the 2012-2013 Buick Regal and LaCrosse.
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Apr 4, 2013
General Motors has issued a recall and a stop sale for the 2013 Buick Encore due to an issue that could result in the steering wheel falling off on certain models. In a letter to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, GM says that 144 Encores equipped with heated steering wheels could have been incorrectly retrofitted due to a parts shortage.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models