What else could Roger Penske say? As the promoter and most public face of the Detroit Grand Prix, what else could the man do besides promise that the miserable track surface will be fixed before next year's race? Oh yeah, he could have made sure that the Belle Isle circuit was properly prepared for last weekend's event, which most certainly did not happen.
2012 Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix
- Jeff Sabatini
- Jun 6, 2012
- Steven J. Ewing
- Jun 4, 2012
After a three-year hiatus, IndyCar racing finally made its return to Detroit this weekend. But after only five laps, things started to fall apart – literally – for Belle Isle's big race.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models