Ford has announced that it is recalling 150,000 2005-2006 F-150 pickup trucks for airbags that may deploy without warning. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration had originally opened an investigation into 1.3 million vehicles for the fault. Ford says that the risk of an airbag going off without cause is fairly small, though NHTSA has received notice of 238 instances of inadvertent deployment resulting in 77 injuries.
2005 Ford F 150
- Chris Shunk
- Oct 6, 2009
According to The New York Times' Wheels blog, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is currently in the early stages of investigating issues involving the 2005 Ford F-150 and 2004-2008 Mazda RX-8 models equipped with manual transmissions.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models