The NHTSA has issued two separate recalls for the Mitsubishi Lancer, Lancer Sportback, Lancer Evolution, Outlander and Outlander Sport, both related to visibility problems.
Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Recalls
Mitsubishi is recalling 165,923 vehicles in the US because it's possible for the drive belt to detach from their engines, potentially causing a stall. Specifically, the campaign covers 2008-2011 model-year examples of the Lancer, Lancer Evolution (pictured above) and Outlander as well as the 2009-2011 Lancer Sportback and 2011 Outlander Sport. All of the affected models use some version of the brand's 4B1 four-cylinder engine.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.