An official with the transport ministry in Japan has some stern words for Mitsubishi, taking the carmaker to task for not being more proactive and honest about its recalls. An investigation into The Tri-Star last December found Mitsubishi was tardy investigating problems and didn't explain itself forthrightly to the transport ministry about the issues. None of Mitsubishi's actions were illegal, and we should stress that this is a dialogue with Mitsubishi in Japan, not Mitsubishi Motors North Ame
Mitsubishi Outlander Recalls
- Chris Paukert
- Mar 17, 2009
If you have a 2008-'09 Mitsubishi Lancer or Outlander equipped with an automatic or CVT transmission, listen up – your car may be facing a recall. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is working with the Japanese automaker to recall some 39,711 vehicles that may have problems with their brake boosters.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.