The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration began an investigation of the 2003 and 2004 Infiniti M45 late last year over inaccurate fuel gauge readings, and now that probe has resulted in an official recall. The culprit has been identified as a faulty circuit board that causes the gauge to register more fuel in the tank than the car actually has.
INFINITI M45 Recalls
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Mar 13, 2012
- Steven J. Ewing
- Dec 25, 2011
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has launched an investigation concerning Infiniti M45 sedans from the 2003 and 2004 model year. The government organization has reportedly received 43 complaints about inaccurate fuel gauge readings, and in 26 of these cases, the improperly calibrated fuel gauges have led to instances of engine stalling.
- Tesla Roadster surprise reveal | 0-60 in 1.9s
- Tesla Semi Truck revealed
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Texas woman's anti-Trump message goes viral
- Spy Shots: Porsche 718 Boxster Spyder caught
- Find and compare 2018 models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.