A crossover or CUV, is a vehicle built on a car platform and combines features of a sport utility vehicle with features from a passenger vehicle. Using the unibody construction typical of passenger vehicles instead of the body-on-frame platform used in light trucks, the crossover combines SUV design features such as tall interior packaging, high H-point seating, high center of gravity, high ground-clearance or all-wheel-drive capability with design features from a passenger vehicle such as independent rear suspension, car-like handling and superior fuel economy.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models