A crossover or CUV, is a vehicle built on a car platform and combines features of a sport utility vehicle with features from a passenger vehicle. Using the unibody construction typical of passenger vehicles instead of the body-on-frame platform used in light trucks, the crossover combines SUV design features such as tall interior packaging, high H-point seating, high center of gravity, high ground-clearance or all-wheel-drive capability with design features from a passenger vehicle such as independent rear suspension, car-like handling and superior fuel economy.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!