A sport utility vehicle (SUV) is usually equipped with four-wheel drive and has at least some off-road ability. Towing capacity and passenger-carrying space are hallmarks of may SUVs. The traditional truck-based SUV is gradually being replaced by the crossover CUV, which uses an automobile platform for less weight and improved fuel economy.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies