If there's a vehicle segment where safety matters most, it's the minivan. So the good news for soccer moms and dads is that the best selling minivan in the U.S. has earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's Top Safety Pick award. By virtue of acing its roof strength test, the 2012 Chrysler Town & Country joins the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna at the top of IIHS's rankings. The Dodge Grand Caravan and Volkswagen Routan doppelgangers get included, as well.
Nissan Quest News
Cars.com rounded up the year's crop of new minivans for a comparison, the rare thrill being that minivans from every major maker are completely fresh for 2011. The entrants were the Nissan Quest (pictured), Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, Chrysler Town & Country, Volkswagen Routan and Dodge Grand Caravan.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 convertible spied
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming soon