Economic downturn? What economic downturn? You certainly wouldn't know it from looking at the ever-escalating prices classic cars are fetching at auction. Just ask the people at Bonhams. The noted auctioneers recently set the record at $29 million for the most expensive car ever sold at auction with Juan Manuel Fangio's 1944 Mercedes-Benz W196R, and they also lay claim to the most expensive Aston Martin, Austin-Healey, Bentley, Jaguar, Lagonda, Lotus, Maserati, Rolls-Royce and Talbot-Lago models
- Chris Tutor
- May 3, 2012
If you were one of the world's richest human beings, what kind of car would you own? The richest man in the world, Carlos Slim Helu (worth about $69 billion), drives himself to work in a Bentley Continental Flying Spur. MSRP: $300K.
- John Neff
- May 4, 2007
click above image for more pics of John "Bo Duke" Schneider and his General Lee
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models