Here's what it's like to drive the very first Ford Mustang cop car
Former Autoblog staffer and current Road and Track web editor Zach Bowman discovered this when he shanghaied a 2015 Mustang GT and made the trip to Nashville, TN to drive the very first Mustang SSP police car. The two-tone, V8-powered prototype was delivered into the welcoming arms of the California Highway Patrol back in 1981 for evaluation.
Bowman chatted up cop-car aficionado Mike Strinich, the prototype's current owner, and managed to score some seat time in the car, which provided a unique interesting contrast to the SSP's 435-horsepower junior. Head over to R&T for the complete read.
Ford Mustang Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models