Feast your eyes upon the all-new 2014 Infiniti Q50. Say what you will about Infiniti's new Q and QX naming system, but after looking at the new Q50 unveiled today at the Detroit Auto Show and checking out its feature list, we're having a hard time coming up with any additional criticisms. The highlights of the Q50, which goes on sale this summer in the US, include the eye-catching design, innovative cabin technology and a fuel-efficient hybrid model.
The Infiniti G has always had a focus on leading-edge styling, and its replacement is no different. We can easily see that the basic theme of the Q50 was inspired by the Infiniti LE Concept we saw earlier in the year. The edges are a little toned down for the production design, but the overall look is there with the fluidic lines, crescent-shaped C-pillar, the now-signature grille and the horizontal headlights and taillights. Compared to the current G Sedan, the Q50 is longer, wider and lower than its predecessor, and it's also more aerodynamic with a drag coefficient of just 0.26, putting in between the Chevrolet Volt (0.28) and the Toyota Prius (0.25).
Related Gallery2014 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid: Detroit 2013
Step inside the Q50, and you'll see a very familiar cabin with one significant exception: the center stack. The new Infiniti InTouch system features a pair of large and independent displays (yes, two) that utilize touch and hand-gesture controls. The climate and some of the audio controls are operated by actual buttons, but everything else is controlled using InTouch. One of the big benefits of this system is that a user can search and set destinations on one of the screens while the other is still displaying the map. There are also numerous apps that come preloaded into the system, and a new i-Key feature allows the car to recognize up to four different keys, allowing each driver to customize as many as 96 vehicle settings. As for the rest of the interior, it gets the same styling we've come to expect from Infiniti.
The base engine for the Q50 is carried over from the G37 with a 3.7-liter V6 producing 328 horsepower and 269 pound feet of torque, but the big news in the powertrain department is the addition of a hybrid model. Using a similar system to what is now known as the M35h (soon to go by the Q70 name), the Q50 Hybrid is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 paired to a 50 kW motor and compact lithium ion battery to give a total power output of 354 hp. Fuel economy estimates were not released for the hybrid, but in the M35h, this system is rated at 27 mpg city and 32 mpg highway; being newer and lighter, we wouldn't be surprised to see much better numbers for the Q50 version. Both versions of the car use a seven-speed automatic with rev matching, and the Q50 will come standard with rear-wheel drive and offer all-wheel drive as an option. Additional powertrains will eventually be added for global markets, but these have not been announced either.
New driver technologies that the Q50 offers are Direct Adaptive Steering and Active Lane Control. Direct Adaptive Steering consists of an electric power steering system, but it ups the ante by allowing each wheel to be controlled independently and offers four different driver-selectable modes. Active Lane Control, meanwhile, is a part of the Lane Departure Prevention system, and it helps Q50's driver use fewer steering inputs by compensating for crosswinds and road conditions (i.e., road crowns) in addition to the LDP's ability to keep the vehicle in its intended lane. The Q50 will also allow for some performance options such as a sport-tuned suspension, upgraded wheels and summer tires
2014 INFINITI Q50 SPORTS SEDAN UNLEASHES INSPIRED PERFORMANCE AND HOSPITALITY
- All-new model sets the fresh design, performance and technology direction for new generation of Infiniti vehicles and brand
- Choice of powertrains for United States launch includes 3.7-liter V6 and 3.5-liter Hybrid; other powertrains to be added as part of global market launch rollout
- Offers world's first technologies designed to enhance the driving experience, including Direct Adaptive Steering and Active Lane Control
- Fully customizable digital environment for linking various driver settings and driving characteristics to i-Key
- Infiniti InTouch™ next-gen smart connectivity features dual touch-screens and an array of advanced functions, features and custom apps
- On sale in North America beginning summer 2013
Building on Infiniti's legendary sports sedan design, performance and technology leadership, the all-new 2014 Infiniti Q50 is designed to create a new, distinct level of customer engagement when it launches in the North American market in summer 2013. The Q50 rollout will be followed by other Infiniti global markets later in the year.
Said Infiniti President Johan de Nysschen: "This exciting new Infiniti Q50 stretches the boundaries of what a sports sedan can be, propelling Infiniti in a bold new direction."
A New Dimension in Dynamic Design
While Infiniti sports sedans have always been noted for their outstanding proportions and presence, the new Infiniti Q50 adds a new dimension of premium style. Its strong first impression is anchored by the smooth yet dynamic character line arising from its "double arch" grille. It energetically flows through the bodyside like a wave and merges with the rear end, creating a highly fluid and intriguing profile and fully illustrating the Infiniti Q50's dynamic and athletic stance.
"The Infiniti Q50 reflects the direct influence of the Infiniti concepts known as the 'Infiniti Trilogy', particularly Essence, while honoring the iconic design dynamics of earlier Infiniti sports sedans. The new Q50's athletic and tightened appearance blends its lower and wider proportions with enhanced interior roominess to stunning effect inside and out," said Shiro Nakamura, senior vice president and chief creative officer.
Signature Infiniti exterior design features include the "double arch" grille, dynamic arch roofline and Crescent-cut C-pillar. The front end is decidedly aggressive, with a sport front fascia offered on the Q50 sport models. The new grille's threedimensional, textural quality is provided by elaborate detailing of the waved mesh pattern surface and chrome surround, while the distinctive LED headlights and marker lights' sharp lines suggest an almost human look.
The lean, robust body sides are designed to anchor the performance stance with a strong, solid "bone" and arched roofline that flows to the Crescent C-pillars that are similar to those that originally appeared on the Essence Concept. In the rear, the side character lines smoothly merge with the shape of the rear LED combination lights. The familiar rear double-arch trunk line completes the strong, unforgettable view from behind. Heated outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals are standard, while a power sliding and tilting glass sunroof is optionally available.
Other exterior refinements include new door architecture with narrower, roll-formed A- and B-pillar sashes that provide improved ingress and egress, as well as a more open cabin environment. A new color palette has been specially selected to accent the Q50 contours and sculpted surfaces and includes a range of eight premium colors.
The new body design also offers enhanced airflow over both the upper and lower body portions, resulting in a coefficient of drag of just 0.26. The Q50 also features zero front and rear lift.
"Moving forward, we want all Infiniti vehicles to reflect an energetic force rooted in nature, such as the shape of a dynamic wave," said Nakamura. "The Q50's enhanced sense of three-dimensionality gives it a look of strength and agility – a look that is highly personal, seductive and slightly mysterious."
Performance With a Personal Touch
Throughout the Infiniti Q50's development, compromise was never an option. No compromise on innovation, design or performance targets, allowing the development teams to stretch the boundaries of what a sports sedan can be.
"The new Q50 amplifies every driver's performance preference and enjoyment behind the wheel. We have one of the fastest accelerating hybrid engines, which also happens to be projected as one of the most fuel-efficient. We have advanced performance and safety technologies that can see and react before the driver can. And, we have the world's first quick and precise Direct Adaptive Steering technology," said de Nysschen.
At launch in North America, two advanced powertrains will be available, followed by additional engine options in other global markets later in the year. The Q50's refined 3.7-liter aluminum-alloy DOHC 24-valve V6 is rated at 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque and features Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) and Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL®).
The available hybrid powertrain features the Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™system with Intelligent Dual Clutch Control. It combines a 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V6 and compact laminated lithium-ion battery design with an innovative one-motor/two-clutch motor control. The system's V6 is rated at 296 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque, while the advanced 50 kW electric motor is rated at 67 horsepower and 199 lb-ft of torque. The hybrid system net power is 354 horsepower, providing strong acceleration and lean fuel economy.
"True to the Infiniti DNA, our hybrid powertrains put performance first, without compromising fuel efficiency. It takes full advantage of the electric motor's instant torque for exceptional acceleration and, in combination with the 3.5-liter V6, provides a sporty driving feel under all driving conditions. We have targeted the best balance of performance and fuel economy and hit it dead center," said de Nysschen.
Both Q50 powertrains are matched with an advanced 7-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with manual shift mode and available steering column-mounted magnesium paddle shifters. The Q50 is available in rear-wheel drive and Intelligent All-Wheel Drive with both powertrains.
Precise handling is provided by the 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension. The front is a single pivot double-wishbone design, while the revised rear design utilizes a multi-link design with coil springs and Dual Flow Path® shock absorbers, with increased camber stiffness and improved ride comfort. The suspension features extensive use of lightweight aluminum components, along with front and rear stabilizer bars. A sport-tuned suspension is available with Sport models. Also supporting the enhanced handling is an improvement in front body stiffness (versus the previous generation).
The Q50 rides on 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with machine-finished surface with 225/55R17 all-season run-flat tires. Also available are 19-inch aluminum-alloy sport wheels with 245/40R19 run-flat all-season or summer tires. Confident braking is provided by 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes with 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution and Brake Assist. Also available are sport brakes with upgraded rotors, 4-piston front calipers and 2-piston rear. Steering is provided by a power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-andpinion system.
The new Q50 also features available Infiniti Direct Adaptive Steering technology, a world's first production vehicle design. The system allows independent control of the Q50's tire angle and steering inputs, transmitting the driver's intentions to the wheels faster than a mechanical system.
This increases the direct driving performance feel by quickly and intelligently communicating road surface feedback to the driver. Four different steering settings are offered, allowing customization by driver preference or road conditions. This world's first technology provides the flexibility for the driver to change both steering effort and the steering gear ratio. A backup mechanical steering system is provided with models utilizing the new Direct Adaptive Steering technology.
Also offered is another world's first, Active Lane Control, which uses a camera-based straight-line stability system to further enhance on-center driving capability and improve vehicle stability. The system is included as part of the Lane Departure Prevention system, not only adjusting for unintended lane drift, but also making finer adjustments for minor road surface changes or crosswinds (as detected by the camera-based, lane marker detection system). The system goes beyond the traditional Lane Departure Prevention system, taking it a step further by not only reading the road ahead (the camera is located above the rearview mirror) for unintended lane drift but also by making small steering input angle adjustments if the Q50 undergoes minor direction changes due to road surface changes or crosswinds (as detected by the lane marker detection system). By reducing the need for steering input for the driver, the driver's effort may be reduced.
"The beauty of these advanced systems is to allow a more personal driving experience, with more input when desired and less intrusion of road imperfections in the steering wheel," said de Nysschen. "These are just the start of a range of future technologies that are becoming a point of differentiation for our Infiniti customers."
In fine-tuning the Infiniti Q50's exceptional performance standards, Infiniti's partnership with Red Bull Racing enabled three-time Formula One World Driver's Champion Sebastian Vettel and the team's Test & Reserve driver Sebastien Buemi to provide an extra dimension to its development. With the goal of making the new model the most dynamic and exciting sports sedan on the market, Vettel provided input on the Q50's performance and handling at Infiniti's Tochigi facility in Japan.
Buemi tested at Nurburgring – one of the toughest proving grounds in the world – pushing prototypes to the limits to help produce a chassis with outstanding handling characteristics.
Infiniti recently announced that from 2013 it will be Title Partner and Technical Partner to 'Infiniti Red Bull Racing.' This deep collaboration will lead to joint technical projects for mutual benefits on the track and the road.
"Having the opportunity to receive feedback on chassis development from two world class drivers is priceless," said de Nysschen. "Our partnership as 'Infiniti Red Bull Racing' is an extensive one. We are working together to identify a number of areas for technical collaboration and to apply the benefits of partnering with the Formula One World Champions to our own people, processes and technology."
Another way that the new Infiniti Q50 raises the performance standards in class is the high degree of available personalization, which is made possible with the new fully customizable digital environment. The system works with the vehicle's advanced i-Keys to recognize the vehicle settings for up to four different drivers.
Offering a sense of "my car knows me," the i-Key can recognize each driver and automatically engage pre-set preferences for driving position, heating and cooling, audio, navigation and telematics. For example, up to 96 optional settings in are offered in the custom mode alone. Easy setting or changing of settings is accessed through the innovative dual touch-screen displays.
In addition, by using the drive mode selector located on the center console, engine, transmission, handling and steering adjustments can be instantly tuned, for example, for sport or touring settings.
Modern Luxury Meets Meticulous Craftsmanship
Matching the inspired Infiniti Q50 design and performance is an interior created to the same extraordinary standards. The interior environment offers a powerful blend of three-dimensional textures, highest craftsmanship and premium quality, combining modern luxury and user-focused advanced technology.
"An interior is a confluence of thousands of parts and many materials, including leathers, fabrics, metals and glass. The harmony with each element is an important part of the Q50's warmth and high quality feel," Nakamura explained. "Our designers approached the integration of every element in the interior in terms of not just function but also of stimulation of the senses – color, touch, texture, finish and beauty – creating an environment that is both intuitive and indulgent."
The Q50 interior is also designed as an invitation to drive – to celebrate the elation of driving that is often lost in the modern world. As such, special attention was paid to the driver position, offering a generous range of customizable adjustments within a cosseting yet comfortable cockpit. The Q50's instrument panel honors Infiniti's "double wave" design tradition, while updated with a new asymmetrical flow from the top of the center cluster to the wide center console. Access to all key operations and controls is designed so that the driver does not need to change driving posture, including use of hard switches, touch panels and drive mode selector controller.
The front and rear seats are a new ergonomic design, developed to help distribute body pressure across a wider range of the upper seating surface. When sitting, the pressure load on the backbone is about 1.4 times greater than while standing. The bending moments that become a factor of load are reduced by the new seat design, with the additional support for the pelvis and the self-weight of the chest.
The roomy interior space offers ample front and rear head room, ample rear knee room enhanced by the new, thin front seatback design, and greater front seat slide and lift adjustability. Front and rear seat hip points have also been adjusted for greater comfort. The rear seat foot room is also expanded by moving the B-pillar forward nearly an inch (versus traditional designs), making it easier to enter and exit. Effective luggage space is expected to be the best in the segment at 18.0 cubic feet with the 3.7-liter V6 and 14.1 cubic feet with the hybrid powertrain.
The Infiniti Q50 features a choice of interior fabrics and colors, including available leather-appointed seating surfaces. Three interior colors are offered: Wheat, Graphite and Stone.
Finishing off the elegant interior is a combination of "Kacchu" aluminum inspired by traditional Samurai armaments and genuine maple wood trim, which is representative of the 16th century Urushi painting technique.
"Quality is another Infiniti Q50 strong point," added Nakamura. "Our designer's passion, obsession with detail and devotion to craftsmanship and continuous improvements ensure we are producing a truly premium product of the best quality."
The Q50's quiet cabin is augmented by standard Active Noise Control, with cancelling of intrusive low frequency noise from four door-mounted speakers, allowing easy conversation with passengers. Premium audio systems include an available nextgeneration Studio on Wheels by Bose® audio system with a new instrument panel 3-speaker array (14 speakers total throughout the cabin) and Advanced Staging Technology®. SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately) and High Definition (HD) radio are standard.
Other features include Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control, Bluetooth® Handsfree Phone System, RearView Monitor and available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster® air purifier and Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection.
Infiniti Connected Technologies
Building on Infiniti's unique approach to making owners' lives easier, which includes the Infiniti Personal Assistant program with 24-hour access to a live team of professional assistants, the new Infiniti InTouch™ telematics system brings the future of in-car connectivity to the Q50 interior today. Unlike conventional interfaces, the Q50 has not one but two touch capacitive screens with intuitive hand gesture screen operation to easily connect drivers to their lives outside the car.
"We have new technologies that embrace the way people live today – seamless connectivity and personalization everywhere they go, including while in their cars, with an optimized human machine interface for ease of use," said de Nysschen.
Along with the large dual screens, the Infiniti InTouch™ system is designed to effortlessly synchronize car and driver. Content and functions directed to the upper screen includes the most frequently used applications, such as navigation maps. Other content is directed to the lower display screen.
The two screens work together so that, for example, the navigation map can be viewed on the top screen while setting destinations or finding points-of-interest can be done on the lower screen. A limited number of critical functions, such as heating and cooling, are operated by hard switches. Content can be customized using easy-to-understand menus. A selection of vehicle-centric apps will be pre-loaded into the system. Owners will also be able to download, update and synch personal apps through their smartphones and USB drives. Additional details on the system's operation will be available at a later date.
Safety Shield Technologies
The final area of segment leadership for the new Infiniti Q50 is its advanced safety systems. Building on the long list of safety and security technologies already found in other Infiniti models, the Infiniti Q50 offers available Intelligent Cruise Control with Full Speed Range, predictive Forward Collision Warning (world's first technology), Forward Emergency Braking, Distance Control Assist, Blind Spot Intervention, Backup Collision Intervention®, Lane Departure Prevention and Active Lane Control.
The all-new 2014 Infiniti Q50 will be initially offered in the United States and Canada beginning in summer 2013. At launch, two powertrains – the 3.7-liter V6 and 3.5-liter Hybrid – will be available, each in a choice of rear-wheel drive or Intelligent All- Wheel Drive and in a selection of trim levels, including Sport models.
The Q50 will roll out in other global Infiniti markets beginning in summer 2013 and will include additional powertrain offerings adapted to respective market needs.
"The new Infiniti Q50 is a true game changer in the sports sedan segment," said de Nysschen. "With its cutting-edge performance, design and technology, it breaks away from ordinary – just like the Infiniti brand."
# # #
2014 INFINITI Q50
KEY DIMENSIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
3.7-liter aluminum-alloy DOHC 24-valve V6, rated at 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque, featuring Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS) and Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL®)
Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™ with Intelligent Dual Clutch Control, combining 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V6 and compact laminated lithium-ion battery design with an innovative one-motor/two-clutch motor control; V6 rated at 296 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque, advanced 50 kW electric motor rated at 67 horsepower and 199 lb-ft of torque (Hybrid system net power: 354 horsepower)
7-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with Downshift Rev Matching, manual shift mode and Adaptive Shift Control, available steering columnmounted magnesium paddle shifters
Front engine, rear-wheel drive or Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with machine-finished surface / 225/55R17 all-season run-flat tires
Available 19-inch aluminum-alloy sport wheels /
245/40R19 all-season or summer run-flat tires
4-wheel independent multi-link suspension (front single
pivot double-wishbone design/revised rear design) with
extensive use of lightweight aluminum components and
front and rear stabilizer bars
4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, 4-wheel
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force
Distribution, Brake Assist
Available Sport Brakes with upgraded rotors, 4-piston
front calipers and 2-piston rear calipers
Vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering
Available Direct Adaptive Steering technology for
enhanced steering feel and personalized dynamic
Wheelbase: 112.2 inches
Length: 188.3 inches
Width: 71.8 inches
Height: 56.8 inches
Coefficient of drag: 0.26
Seating Capacity: 5-passenger
Sensuous dynamic styling with unexpected spaciousness; purpose-built for performance with low, wide proportions and tight, athletic stance; Infiniti signature "double arch" front grille, dynamic arch silhouette and Crescent-cut C-pillar; distinctive LED head lamps and lighting (headlights, fog lights and marker lights), LED rear combination lights; available sport front fascia; eight available premium exterior colors; advanced aerodynamic design with 0.26 coefficient of drag and zero front and rear lift
Driver-oriented center stack/console with asymmetric design; natural contour ergonomic-design front seats for enhanced comfort; available leather-appointed seating; available heated front seats and heated steering wheel; Fine Vision electroluminescent instrumentation; "Kacchu" aluminum interior trim; available "Fukiurushi" maple wood trim; Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control, available Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster® air purifier; customizable digital environment for storing and providing various driver settings and driving characteristics to i-Key; Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System; RearView Monitor
Infiniti InTouch™ next-generation Human Machine Interface with dual touch-screen displays and
smartphone connectivity; next-generation Studio on Wheels by Bose® audio system with instrument panel speaker array and up to 14 total speakers, Advanced Staging Technology®; Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection; HEV sound management technologies, including available Active Noise Control
Infiniti Connection™ featuring Automatic Collision Notification, Drive Zone monitoring, Google Calendar™, and Destination Assistance via Infiniti Personal Assistant (complimentary for the first 12 months of ownership)
Available Safety Shield technologies with Intelligent Cruise Control with Full Speed Range, predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking, Distance Control Assist, Blind Spot Intervention®, Back-up Collision Intervention, Lane Departure Prevention, Active Lane Control (world's first production Direct Adaptive Steering technology), High Beam Assist
Available dynamic performance enhancement systems, including Active Trace Control by advanced Vehicle Dynamic Control
# # #
2014 INFINITI Q50 AT A GLANCE
The 2014 Infiniti Q50 sports sedan brings distinctive design, engaging performance, world's first technologies and unmatched levels of connectivity and personalization to the roads of North America when it goes on sale in summer 2013. The all-new Q50 is designed for a new generation of young, premium customers seeking Infiniti's unique fusion of inspired performance and hospitality.
Taking many of its seductive styling cues from the Infiniti Essence concept, the Q50's tight, athletic appearance blends low, wide proportions with excellent interior roominess to a class marked by unexciting design.
Inside, the Q50 interior offers a driver-centric cockpit with an array of premium comfort and convenience features. The new Infiniti InTouch™ communications system includes large dual touch-screen displays and puts communication with the outside world within easy reach, with integration of hands-free phone, moving map navigation, entertainment and smart phone apps in a way that is safe and easy-to use while driving.
Infiniti's sports sedan performance leadership continues with the new Q50, which is available with a choice of a refined 328-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 or new Q50 Hybrid featuring Infiniti's Direct Response Hybrid System™ with Intelligent Dual Clutch Control. All models come equipped with a refined 7-speed automatic transmission with available solid magnesium paddle shifters. The Infiniti Drive Mode Selector with Snow, Eco, Standard, Sport and Custom settings is also standard on all models, part of the advanced customizable digital environment system that allows drivers to create unique settings for engine, transmission, handling and steering settings.
Two new world's first production performance technologies make their debuts in the Q50 – Infiniti Direct Adaptive Steering technology and Active Lane Control. The new steering system allows advanced control of the Q50's tire angle and steering inputs, transmitting the driver's intentions to the wheels faster than a mechanical system. Four different steering settings are offered, allowing customization by driver preference or road conditions. The Active Lane Control uses a camera-based lane marker detection system to further enhance on-center driving capability and improve vehicle straightability.
The 2014 Infiniti Q50 3.7-liter V6 and 3.5-liter Hybrid models will be available with a choice of rear-wheel drive or Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, and in a range of wellequipped models, including versions with special sport appearance and performance features with sport brakes and sport suspension tuning.
Highlights of the 2014 Infiniti Q50 include:
- Sensuous dynamic styling with unexpected spaciousness
- Low, wide proportions and tight, athletic stance
- Infiniti signature "double arch" front grille, dynamic arch silhouette and Crescent-cut C-pillar
- Distinctive LED head lamps and lighting (headlights, fog lights and marker lights), LED rear combination lamps
- Available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with High Beam Assist
- Available sport front fascia
- Available power sliding and tilting tinted glass sunroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
- Heated outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals, available auto dimming outside mirrors with reverse synchronization mirror angle
- Body-color outside door handles with chrome accents
- Dual chrome exhaust finishers
- Eight available premium exterior colors
- Advanced aerodynamic design with 0.26 coefficient of drag and zero front and rear lift concept
- Front engine/rear-wheel drive or Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
- 3.7-liter aluminum-alloy DOHC 24-valve V6, rated at 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque, featuring Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control (CVTCS) and Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL®)
- Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™ with intelligent dual clutch control, combining 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V6 and compact laminated lithium ion battery design with an innovative one-motor/two-clutch motor control; V6 rated at 296 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque, advanced 50 kW electric motor rated at 67 horsepower and 199 lb-ft of torque (Hybrid system net power: 354 horsepower)
- 7-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with Downshift Rev Matching and manual shift mode, Adaptive Shift Control
- Available steering column-mounted magnesium paddle shifters
- Drive mode selector switch (Sport, Standard, ECO, Snow, Custom settings)
- 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension (front single pivot doublewishbone design/revised rear design) with extensive use of lightweight aluminum components and front and rear stabilizer bars
- Available sport-tuned suspension
- Power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering
- Available Direct Adaptive Steering technology for enhanced steering feel and personalized selection of steering effort and gear ratio
- 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution, Brake Assist
- Available Sport Brakes with upgraded rotors, 4-piston front calipers and 2- piston rear calipers
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with machine-finished surface, 225/55R17 all season run-flat tires
- Available 19-inch aluminum-alloy sport wheels with 245/40R19 all-season or summer run-flat tires
- Advanced Vehicle Dynamic Control with Active Trace Control for dynamic cornering ability
- Active Lane Control (utilizing world's first Direct Adaptive Steering technology)
- Tire-specific Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Driver-oriented layout and a console with warm, asymmetric design
- Ample knee, head and shoulder roominess
- Easy rear ingress/egress provided by wide rear door openings
- Natural contour ergonomic-design front seats for enhanced comfort
- Premium leatherette seating surfaces with embroidered Infiniti logo
- Available leather-appointed seating
- 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with manual lumbar support, 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
- 60/40 split rear seat, rear center armrest with trunk pass-through
- Available sport-type leather-appointed seats, manual thigh extensions (driver and front passenger)
- Available power torso bolsters (driver's side)
- Available heated front seats and heated steering wheel
- Fine Vision electroluminescent instrumentation
- Kacchu aluminum interior trim on center console, instrument panel and doors
- Available Fukiurushi maple wood trim
- Available aluminum-accented pedals (standard on sports grades)
- Next-generation Studio on Wheels by Bose® audio system with instrument panel three-speaker array (up to 14 total speakers), Advanced Staging Technology®
- Voice Recognition for audio, navigation, SMS
- Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Available advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster® air purifier
- Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, touch unlock door function
- Customizable digital environment for storing and providing various driver settings and driving characteristics to i-Key
- Power front and rear windows with illuminated switches and one-touch auto up/down feature
- Rear passenger personal lamps
- RearView Monitor
- Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)
- HEV sound management technologies, including available Active Noise Control (ANC)
- Infiniti InTouch™ next-generation Human Machine Interface (HMI) with dual touchscreen displays and smart phone connectivity
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), High Definition (HD) radio
- Available navigation system with NavTraffic with Real-Time Traffic Information and NavWeather with Real-Time Weather and 5-day forecast (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately)
- Infiniti Connection™ with Automatic Collision Notification, Destination Assistance and Drive Zone Monitoring
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
- Voice Recognition for audio, navigation, SMS
- Fully customizable digital environment for storing and providing various driver settings and driving characteristics to i-Key
Safety Shield Technologies
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor
- Front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags for front- and rearseat outboard occupant head protection
- Available front seat driver/passenger Pre-Crash Seat Belts
- Available Safety Shield Technologies with Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with full speed range, predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking, Distance Control Assist, Blind Spot Intervention®, Back-up Collision Intervention, Lane Departure Prevention and Active Lane Control (utilizing world's first production Direct Active Steering technology)
- Traction control system (integrated with Vehicle Dynamic Control)
- High Beam Assist
- Available in a range of premium and sport rear-wheel and all-wheel drive models
- Initially offered with choice of 3.7-liter V6 or 3.5-liter Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™, each with 7-speed automatic transmission
- Other powertrains to be added as part of global market launch rollout
- On sale in the United States and Canada in summer 2013
- Sales in other major global markets begin in summer 2013