Jay Leno tells the story of his Mercedes Gullwing
Take this gem, for example. Sure, it's a little worse for wear, but it's got a nice patina to it – and it's a work in progress. One look is all it takes to know exactly what it is: a classic Mercedes-Benz 300SL, complete with Gullwing doors. "The McLaren F1 of its day," Jay calls it, and with good reason. Watch the video above to hear the story of the Gullwing he rescued from the desert and is slowly bringing back to life.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models