Chrysler is one of six brands operated by Chrysler Group LLC, which emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in June 2009. Italian automaker Fiat currently holds a majority stake in the company. Founded in 1925 by Walter P. Chrysler, Chrysler is the only one of the Detroit 3 automakers to have ever been controlled by a foreign company, the first being Daimler-Benz from 1998 to 2007 and now Fiat.
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!