A nomination does not a win make, but the team over at Th!nk must be happy about anything positive these days. The town crier came in with news that the Th!nk City has been nominated for a Brit Insurance Designs of the Year award, hosted by the Design Museum in London. Like the iQ before it, the nomination means that the all-electric City vehicle will be on display in the museum until the middle of June. British designer Sebastian Conran nominated the city EV and said the City was, "Cute-but-purposeful, it exudes 'form, follows function' and fashion too." Oh, and let's not forget that it moves well.
Other nominations of note for AutoblogGreen readers include the Greenbird vehicle, Better Place's charging stations and Daimler's Car2Go smart fortwo sharing service. See the full list of Transport nominees after the jump.
[Source: Th!nk, Brit Insurance Designs of the Year]
- London and Continental Railways, High Speed 1 and St Pancras International
- IDEO, Aquaduct Concept Vehicle for water filtration
- District, Trek District Bicycle
- Daimler, Car2Go – car sharing
- Medellin Metro Cable, Line J, Colombia
- Alp Transit, Lotschberg Base Tunnel, Switzerland
- Richard Jenkins and Dale Vince, Ecotricity Green Bird vehicle
- KTM, Stunt Motor Bike
- Mar Kayaks, K2 Kayak for Nelo
- Eric Larson, Ricky Biddle, Ben Shao and Austin Cliffe, Balance Sport Wheelchair
- New Deal Design, Charge Spots for Better Place
- Think Norway, Th!nk City Electrical Car