The video above shows us an early look at the Land Rover "baby" LRX concept before it debuts at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show this month. The video includes Land Rover's design director Gerry McGovern saying the LRX "clearly conveys messages that we take sustainability seriously." The LRX is the smallest SUV Land Rover has ever made and includes an green "economy mode" which makes the car's internal lighting literally turn green. The LRX will also have a diesel/ electric hybrid power train and gets 40 miles per gallon. Wow, someone give Rover a bone!
- Move over crossovers, 2008 will be the year of the Super-Mini SUV (Top 10 list included)
- Frankfurt 2007: Land Rover goes all mini
- Land Rover to show driveable hybrid prototype this year
- Study commissioned by Land Rover finds small cars are bad for the environment
- Land Rover going aluminum for next generation Range Rover
- Geneva Motor Show: Details of Land Rover's new CO2 Offset program