Apple might be getting into EV chargers
There are apparently discussions happening. Quietly.
Reuters thinks that Apple wants to rework how EVs charge. While Apple has never given any official details about any sort of electric cars, it's not hard to fantasize about some future Apple software controlling your autonomous car to park and repark to recharge it while you're off at the Genius Bar trying to get yet another power adapter replaced (just saying). While that's just us spitballing an idea, Reuters says that Apple is asking charging companies about their "underlying technology."
Apple World Today thinks that the chances that this rumor are true are, 100 percent. At least, it's true "IF Apple plans to truly release a car," the Apple-centric blog writes.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies