2013 Lexus GS earns IIHS Top Safety Pick
To earn a Top Safety Pick designation, a car, truck or utility vehicle must achieve a top score of "Good" in front, side and rear impact crash tests. The IIHS test features taller cement crash barriers to simulate a collision with a larger vehicle and the front impact test is conducted at a speed of 40 miles per hour. The vehicle must also feature stability control and a roof that maintains integrity even at a weight equal to or greater than four times that of the vehicle. The IIHS reports that the GS could withstand 4.88 times its 3,715 pound weight.
The GS joins the RX and the CT 200h as the third Lexus model to net a Top Safety Pick.
Lexus GS 350 Information
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models