Ford recalling 145,000 vehicles in the U.S.
The cause of the recall on the Five Hundred and its Mercury stable mate is a faulty door latch that may allow water to enter the mechanism and, if the water freezes, could cause the door to open while the sedan is in motion. The recall will affect 2005-2006 model year vehicles.
On 2006 Escape Hybrids, Ford has found that the drivetrain shaft could fracture and, in turn, may cause the vehicle to move even if the 'ute is in the 'Park' position.
Ford dealers are instructed to inspect and replace the part if it's necessary.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video