AAA's Inaugural Greenlight Initiative Rally
White flags hung from each vehicles to signify their participation in the rally. Some of the participating vehicles include a Toyota plug-in hybrid, a diesel-powered VW Beetle, and a hydrogen fuel cell hybrid bus from the Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (pictured).
The 117 mile journey is part of AAA's program to increase public awareness of alternative fuel vehicles. The well-known auto service company has good evidence that the public continues to be keen in such technologies. When Americans were asked in a 2005 survey about interest in such vehicles, they continued to express interest in hybrids and fuels such as biodiesel by a 3 to 1 margin.
[Source: Mercury News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies