Now, we have yet another EV record for Laguna Seca. This one comes from driver Cameron Rogers in a modified Tesla Model 3 Performance. As you can see in the video above, he managed to make it around the course in a white-knuckled but eerily quiet 1:41.28. That makes it the fastest production EV lap, though the Model S still holds the record for a completely unmodified EV.
Rogers lists the modification made to the Model 3 he drove, including some from his sponsors Maier Racing and the EV tuner Mountainpass Performance:
- Mountain Pass Performance AWD Sport coilovers
- Mountain Pass Performance Arastradero camber arms
- Maier Racing front and rear carbon spoilers
- Custom brake pads, Castrol SRF fluid
- Enkei 18 x 9.5" wheels
- Hoosier A7 255mm DOT street-legal tires
Earlier, before making the modifications, Rogers and the stock Model 3 Performance had managed a lap time of 1:46.8, which goes to show what a few tweaks can do without meddling with the output.